Kindly note the system allows the user to define what workflow need to be approved for an Idea to move from one stage to another, the CI methodology requires that all Ideas move from Evaluating > Implementing > Cash Flowing then Locked In.
You can configure a custom idea definition as follows:
1. Click on Administration > Idea Definitions.
2. Click on +Add
3. Capture the required details and click Save. (i.e. Name and Description)
4. Click the Definition created above.
5. Click on Stages - To specify the stages that need to be followed by an Idea assigned this definition.
6. Click on +Add
7. Select the Stage, together with the sections that should be visible when an Idea is in this stage.
8. Click on Save.
9. Repeat 6,7 and 8 for all the Stages that need to be followed by this definition.
10. Navigate back to the Definition and Click on Workflows to add a Workflow.
11. Click on +Add
12. Capture the required details and click Save.
13. Capture the required information.
- Stage - This is the stage the Idea should be in when this particular Workflow is approved. As captured in 5.
- Idea Status - This is the status the idea should be in when this particular Workflow is approved. See this article for the different statuses. Idea Stages and Statuses
- Roles - This is the list of stakeholders needed to approve this Workflow/Checklist. You can specify a group to determine when this role/stakeholder needs to Approve this workflow. Staggered Approvals - If there are no roles specified this workflow will be automatically approved on the Ideas.
- Prerequisites - This is where you specify the order of approvals. e.g. Cash Flowing checklist should only be submitted when the Implementing checklist has been approved.
- Requirement Groups - This is where you specify the information that users need to be aware of before they submit a workflow for approval.
- Items - This is where you specify the list of questions that need to be answered before a workflow/checklist is submitted for approval.
- Display Stage Date - When you would like to display a particular stage date on the workflow.
- Heading - This is used to group questions together.
- Section - This is used to separate and create different sections on the workflow questions.
- Text Question - This is a question that requires a text answer.
- Yes/No - This is a question that requires a Yes or No answer.
13. Click on Save.