The Goal Seek report attempts to determine what the value of each individual KPI input would need to be in order to reach a certain VDT output value. Depending on the expressions in the VDT, it may or may not be possible to reach the target value by adjusting a certain KPI’s input value. In the case where a goal cannot be reached, no values will be displayed for that KPI in the grid.
- The selected field’s values will be used as the base values for the report
- The Target Value will be used as a goal for the output of a VDT. Individual KPI values will be adjusted in order to reach the given output value
- Re-runs the report using the current input values
- This column indicates the calculated optimal value per KPI in order to get as close to the target output value as possible
- This column shows the VDT outcome value that would be attained, should the value from the previous column be applied