When you have an Idea that tracks both Financial and Non-Financial benefits, you will be presented with two Benefit tabs (Benefits($) and Benefits(Non $)).
Capture the Idea financials including benefits start/end dates, forecast percentage, one-off benefits, and investments.
The chart shows the Benefits of the Idea for the selected month. To change the months, and view previous months' benefit performance, use the month selection on the top left of the chart.
Information can be viewed in either a Grid or Chart format and data labels can be toggled.
The Financials slide-out allows you to enter the Benefits start and end dates.
Start Date Source:
- Stage date: select the stage in which the idea will begin showing a benefit
- First forecast date: use the earliest forecast date captured in the Forecasts slide-out
- Manual capture: select the desired date
End Date Source: If no end date is captured, the Benefit will be ongoing and the end date is indefinite.
- Manual Capture: select the desired date
- Based on the start date: capture the period (in months), and the system will add the period to the benefits end date.
Switching on the Annualised Benefit will always distribute the benefit over 365 days, switching this off will use the difference in days between the benefits' start and end dates.
Click the forecast button to capture Forecast percentages by date.
This forecast % overrides the default stage % set up in Admin>Stages.
Investments can be captured at the bottom of the Benefits tab(see this link on adding Investment Categories)
- One-off benefits are linked to the captured Investment categories with a type of Benefit.
- One-off costs are linked to the captured Investment categories with type a type of Capex or Opex.
A summary of the investments and ongoing benefits and forecasts are shown in the table below
The Grid view is a detailed breakdown of the Idea's Benefits delivered and forecasts.
Hover over the rows name to see a tooltip giving a description of the row; calculated rows will include an expression showing how the value was derived.
The Summary Table is the summary of the monthly values; this includes the idea one-off values, ongoing benefits, and target benefits.
If the idea has VDTs enabled, the VDT table which is the breakdown of the VDT in the Idea will be shown. Parent nodes will be shown in bold and can be expanded/collapsed to show children nodes.
The cumulative benefit table is the benefit delivered during the entire duration of the idea (Based on the benefits start date until the benefits end date).
Changes to the Idea Benefits are saved automatically.