To create or edit a pipeline target configuration, the appropriate set of role permissions is required. Role permissions are configured in the Administration module under Roles.
Pipeline targets require three types of permissions to be configured:
- Target period management allows the user to create/edit target periods.
- Top-down pipeline targets activate the top-down targets screen for all target periods. View/edit permissions can be granted at the department/portfolio level in user permissions. Targets for all benefit types will inherit the permissions granted.
- Bottom-up pipeline targets give the user the ability to adjust top-down targets by capturing bottom-up values. View/edit permissions can be granted at the department/portfolio level in user permissions. Targets for all benefit types will inherit the permissions granted.
Warning: The above permissions are only available with the new role management feature. Contact your administrator if these permissions are not available.
If the new user management module is not yet enabled, permissions work as follows:
- Edit Pipeline Targets will allow the user to view/edit the financial pipeline targets and this type will be available for selection on the top-down/bottom-up target screens.
- Edit Pipeline Non-Financial Targets allow the user to view/edit the non-financial pipeline targets. If not enabled, the benefit type selection will not be available since only financial targets can be accessed
Configuring pipeline target permissions
To edit pipeline targets, a user's profile needs to have the right role assigned to it - one that has pipeline target permissions.
|To configure the pipeline target permissions for a specific role, navigate to Administration and click Roles|
Select the role to be updated and expand Pipeline to configure permissions for that role.
|Expand the Pipeline drop-down menu to see the individual permissions available.|
|Check each box for the permissions required.|
Lastly - confirm that the role is assigned to the user in question by navigating to Administration, then click Users. The roles assigned to a given user are listed in the bottom left corner, and this is also where new roles can be assigned.
Hint: You can also create a separate role titled "Pipeline Target permissions" from the admin page, and assign that to users, as an alternative for providing a role with multiple permissions.