Please note, the Idea Administrator permission can be assigned to a Role as follows:
Navigate to Administration -> Roles -> Select the role that needs to have the Idea Administrator permission -> Assign the permission and Save see the image below:
A user assigned a Role with Idea permissions without the Idea administrator permission can only do the following:
- Can only edit an Idea if they have Idea Edit permission and the Idea Status is Active.
- They cannot delete an Idea.
- Can only delete stakeholders that were directly/manually added to the Idea.
- They can not make changes to a Locked VDT.
With the Idea Administrators, they can have the following functionalities.
- They can Edit any Idea.
- They can Delete archived and cancelled Ideas.
- They can Delete any Stakeholder
- They can also Edit a locked VDT.
When you are not an Idea Administrator, you are likely to encounter the following read-only screens: (Idea locked since it has been approved)
The VDT of an approved Idea is also Locked and a Lock icon will be displayed as highlighted below: