The KPI chart displays the values that were captured in the KPI value section. All the values take into consideration the unit of measures display factor; chart value = captured value * UoM display factor.
The dates on the chart correspond to the date selected on the right summary area; the selected date will be the last date shown. e.g. 2021-11-01 (as displayed above)
The summary section is calculated based on the selected performance period; change the performance period in the Chart options panel; this can be found next to the Download button.
The status of the KPI is calculated based on the calculated Trend of the KPI; this is calculated on the captured baseline vs default target value. If no target was captured in the KPI, the default target value is used in the calculation.
In order for the status to be calculated, an Actual value for the performance period is required; no actual value will display in grey with N/A variance.
An actual value was captured and performance is better than the target, resulting in a positive variance calculated. For example, an upward trending KPI with a target of 90 and a captured actual of 100 will result in a variance of 10.
An actual value was captured and performance is below target, resulting in a negative variance calculated. For example, an upward trending KPI with a target of 100 and a captured actual of 90 will result in a variance of -10.
To change the Chart options, click the settings cog to open the Chart options panel.
KPI Charts will display custom target lines as well for KPIs that have custom targets. To show/hide custom targets on the chart, use the "Display Custom Targets" option found in the KPI Chart options panel.
- You can Copy a KPI by clicking the Copy button displayed below:
Which provides you with the ability to change the KPI Number of the Copy and the following:
- Select the Include Targets - to ensure that all KPI Target values are copied across to the new KPI.
- Select the Include Actuals - to ensure that all KPI Actuals/Values are copied across to the new KPI.
- Select the Include Baselines - to ensure that all KPI Baseline values are copied across to the new KPI.
- Select the Include Custom Targets - to ensure that all KPI Custom Target values are copied across to the new KPI.
- Clicking on Audit displays the changelogs which keep track of all changes made to the KPI.
- Clicking on References displays the list of Ideas, VDT or KPIs that where this particular KPI is being used.
- Click on Download if you want to get a PDF Copy of the KPI Chart.