When an Idea has been configured to use Forecast percentages, the timeline of the Idea plays a big role in estimating the benefit values should be.
By default the system is configured as follows:
- Evaluating - At this stage an Idea forecast percentage is 0% of the Idea value
- Implementing - At this stage an Idea forecast percentage is 0% of the Idea value
- Cash Flowing - At this stage, an Idea Forecast percentage is 50% of the Idea value
- Locked in - At this stage an Idea Forecast percentage is 100% of the Idea value
The above configuration means the following:
- This Idea will be forecasting at 0% from 2021-06-01 until 2021-08-31 whilst it is in Evaluating.
- This Idea will be forecasting at 0% from 2021-09-01 until 2021-11-30 whilst it is in Implementing.
- This Idea will be forecasting at 50% from 2021-12-01 until 2022-02-28 whilst it is in Cash Flowing.
- This Idea will be forecasting at 100% from 2022-03-01 until 2022-05-31 whilst it is in Locked In.
The system provides you with the ability to override those default stage percentages which affect all Ideas in the system, by capturing specific forecast percentages for an Idea.
With the above change. I have forced the Idea to forecast at 100% from 2021-10-01 onwards.